Nickel 200 and 201
Nickel 200 and Nickel 201 are solid solution strengthened, commercially pure wrought materials with good mechanical properties over a wide range of temperatures and excellent resistance to many corrosives, in particular hydroxides. Nickel 201 was a modification of 200 to control carbon (.02 max) which keeps it from being embrittled by intergranular precipitates at temperatures of 600° F to 1400° F in many processes. Typically, the elemental restrictions of both, nickel 200 and nickel 201, are combined into one, dual-certified chemistry resulting in a single alloy with the desired characteristics of both alloys, Nickel 200/201.
What are the Characteristics of Nickel 200/201?
- Highly resistant to various reducing chemicals
- Excellent resistance to caustic alkalies
- High electrical conductivity
- Excellent corrosion resistance to distilled and natural waters
- Resistance to neutral and alkaline salt solutions
- Excellent resistance to dry fluorine
- Widely used to handle caustic soda
- Good thermal, electrical and magnetostrictive properties
- Offers some resistance to hydrochloric and sulfuric acids at modest temperatures and concentrations
Fabrication with Nickel 200/201
All hot working and cold working practices can be utilized when shaping Nickel 200/201. Hot working temperatures should be between 1200° F and 2250° F with heavy forming to be performed at temperatures above 1600° F. Annealing should be performed at a temperature between 1300° F and 1600° F. Care should be taken when choosing the anneal temperature and time at temperature for this can greatly influence the mechanical properties and structure of the material.
In what forms is Nickel 200/201 available?
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
Specifications of Nickel 200/201
- Pipe Seamless - B161
- Pipe Welded - B622
- Tube Seamless - B161
- Tube Welded - B622
- Sheet/Plate - B162
- Bar - B160
- Fitting - B163
Below are listed Nickel 200/201 products in all Grades